Learning and development framework
We can develop this framework where it does not already exist within an organisation through:
Learning and development usually achieves best results for the organisation when
it’s aligned to organisational goals and priorities, when people understand the
reason for learning, and are well supported in translating new knowledge and
skills into practice in their place of work.
- analysing organisation-wide learning needs linked to business objectives
- developing learning policy, strategies and processes
- developing managers in their role as developers of people.
We can design and deliver a range of learning interventions, based on clients’ needs including:
We design and deliver learning in the areas of:
- Action Learning: this involves groups of up to 8 people meeting regularly to work on ‘live’
work-related issues. Through a rigorous process of questioning and reflection participants
are able to develop new thinking, problem-solving and practice. Action Learning has
been successful, for example, in developing creative leadership, bringing about change, improving services and productivity.
- workshops and courses: these vary from single day events to year long programmes,
and in every case are developed in response to clients’ specific needs. Varied and
creative learning methods are used to maximise learning for all participants.
- self-directed learning: this includes paper-based or electronic
learning materials which, as well as bringing knowledge, engage the
learner in exercises to develop their thinking and practice.
- group coaching: this is an effective way of working with a
group of people with similar work-based roles or responsibilities,
enabling them to learn from each others issues and practice.
It has been successful in developing people skills with new managers,
helping front line staff develop work with clients and customers.
For more information on coaching go to individual coaching
- Strategic and business planning
- Project management
- Leadership and management development
- Team development
- People management
- Personal effectiveness
- Training and Facilitation skills
- Consultancy skills